UnitCare offers clients a choice of services. At UnitCare unit owners have three management options:
A full service as described below.
You select what you require and pay an hourly rate. Suitable for groups that manage all business through their officers/committee.
We provide accounting, secretarial and insurance services and assist you to arrange maintenance and conduct meetings. Recommended for groups of 7 or less however some of our larger groups with active committee are on this service. Fee is 25% discount on PrimeCare.
You need information to make informed decisions so we provide:
- Corporation Financial Report and Activity Report to your Treasurer (option of monthly or quarterly)
- Financial and Activity Reports to all owners annually.
- Annual Audit Report to your Treasurer.
- Unit Owner Kit and information leaflets to all owners.
- Unit Update, our newsletter, posted quarterly.
- Web access for extra information at www.unitcare.com.au
We take care of all financial matters:
- Collect, bank (into a trust account) and record maintenance contributions, levies, interest and other amounts due to the Corporation.
- Pay accounts and outgoings.
- Send notices levying maintenance or other contributions.
- To act as the public officer of the Body Corporate for taxation purposes;
- Prepare your Corporation’s annual Statement of Accounts and have the Trust Account audited annually.
We assist in resolving disputes.
- Arrange meetings and prepare and distribute notices, budgets and agendas.
- Attend and assist the Presiding Officer & Secretary in the conduct of meetings. (PrimeCare & SelectCare clients only)
- Supply meeting agenda and minutes proforma but not attend meetings. (GroupAssist clients only)
- Post minutes to owners within 14 days
To maintain your asset, we:
- Advise and arrange for the maintenance, repair and replacement of common property.(PrimeCare & SelectCare clients only)
- Provide all hours access to emergency maintenance.
- Organise emergency maintenance works.
- Pay the maintenance accounts
To adequately protect your asset, we:
- Review, place and renew insurances.
- Arrange a building valuation.
- Have any claim promptly processed.
- Promptly deal with Corporation correspondence and requests for Search Statements.
- Regularly inform your Presiding Officer of the nature and importance of all correspondence.
- Keep Corporation records secure and confidential.
- Electronic archiving of Corporation records.
Additional Services are available to any corporation for which extra fees may apply.
Assessment Visit and Photo Record
We report on general condition, and record maintenance issues. Photo record useful for decisions at AGM.
If legal action is necessary, we can:
- Attend legal proceedings of a Tribunal or Court either as a witness or on behalf of the Corporation.
- Instruct solicitors, attend conferences and generally supervise legal proceedings of the Corporation.
We can liaise with a licenced valuer to assess the Corporation’s insurance needs.
We can liaise with Architects, Engineers, Surveyors, Builders, Loss Adjusters and Assessors, Statutory Authorities and neighbours if major works are necessary.
If required we can also:
- Keep any wage, Work Cover or other records required by law for employees or contractors of the Corporation and complete and submit returns.
- Arrange for the preparation and lodgement of income tax returns, GST/BAS returns and audits.
We can arrange the reading of meters and recovery of electricity, water or other utility charges to individual units.
If you would like a printable (pdf version) copy please click here.
UNIT OWNER KIT
FACT SHEETS & PODCASTS
STRATA BEST PRACTICE MANUAL
COMMUNITY BEST PRACTICE MANUAL
Great people to deal with. Highly recommended
Great company, friendly heplful staff, high recommend as property managers.
Unit Care Services Provide Quality Strata Services to the Unit Complexes in Adelaide.